Music Makes Sense - Shannon Ashby
As we come to the penultimate issue of this edition of Music Makes Sense, Shannon Ashby delivers a mix full of deep, vocal grooves ahead of our birthday. Shannon has been with Sense for a number of years now; a firm fan favourite known for her love of big kicks, tough bass lines and tribal samples. Ashby has had a busy year, with performances for Sense in Ibiza as well as sets across London and the south. Being a graduate of Point Blank music school Shannon has a keen ear for production and sampling, picking only the best of tracks, always including some older cuts and up to date, fresh dance music.
We asked Shannon, 5 important questions ahead of our Birthday on the 1st of December, with Artwork...
1. What’s your favourite track in your collection at the moment?
I recently brought a record of two of my fave tracks mixed together: Wish I Didn’t Miss You Vs Gabrielle.
2. Who would you say is the most underrated DJ/Producer currently?
Rossi. A DJ and Producer from London. If you haven’t heard of him already keep your eyes open.
3. Name one of the best moments you’ve experienced at a Sense event that you’ll always remember? (DJ set, something happening, funny/special/ amazing, etc
Playing out in Ibiza is probably the best thing that’s happened for me whilst being a part of Sense. Something I will never forget.
4. Which Sense Traxx release have you been most excited about this year?
Consensus – Kalyde
5. In 3 words describe what to expect from your mix/ or set at Sense?
Upbeat bouncy beats.
Don't forget you can join us on the 1st December at Talk Nightclub for our 6th Birthday w/ Artwork.
Just head over to Resident Advisor and grab your ticket now.